Apartment Fire April 2, 2015 - #222 Old Lane Extension, Claverack
On April 2, 2015 A.B. Shaw firefighters were dispatched at 5:29AM for an apartment fire. Greenport Station #1 with their FAST team also responded under automatic mutual aid. The fire was contained to the 2nd floor apartment of origin. Greenport Station #1 additionally responded with an engine that was assigned to lay in from a 2nd hydrant. That assignment was cancelled. Mellenville Fire Company responded with one Engine with a relief crew. Philmont FD covered the Claverack station. All building occupants self-evacuated. The occupant of the fire apartment was transported to Columbia Memorial Hospital by Greenport Rescue Squad and later transferred to Westchester Medical Center via Life Net helicopter for treatment of inhalation injuries. The resident of the other 2nd floor apartment was admitted to Columbia Memorial Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. The County Coordinator was on scene as well the County C/O team. The initial determination appears to be the fire started in the kitchen due to an unattended pot cooking on the stove. The fire was contained to the apartment of origin.
All Photos courtesy of Columbiapage.com and Michael McCagg.
Greenport FAST team members throwing ladders to 2nd floor.